Soundboard Installation & MC

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:28:50 EDT

In a message dated 4/26/2002 12:18:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
RNossaman@KSCABLE.com writes:

> Subj:Re: Soundboard Installation & MC
> Date:4/26/2002 12:18:51 PM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:RNossaman@KSCABLE.com">RNossaman@KSCABLE.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> >  Hi Ron

         Hey somedays I can't string two cohesive thoughts together. I know
what I'm talking about but I'll be darned if anybody else can figure it out.

> .                Dale wrote
> is
> > transfered down our gloriously precrowned rib./board stucture? or is it
> just
> > an almost  negligable  consideration because of the absorption of bearing
> > force from  the panel itself? One thing I didn't say was how stiff these
> > boards are even when they are being dry fit and pre-stressed for bearing.
>
> You wrote
> The buttress effect, again regardless of assembly
> stiffness, is so inconsequential as to be functionally meaningless.
<<<<<<<<  This is what I was ineptly trying to say.  Th Th Th thanks Ron for
clearing that up for  me.

    You're > still talking about something like 0.003" rim spread from full
> crown to flat.
     Dale wrote
 after it's pressed and crowned I'll measure across the bottom from each end
of the longest rib and then I personally will sit or stand on  the board on
the floor and see how far the rib dimesion expands. Hmm this might be hard to
measure but I'm going to try anyway. Maybe I'l just make a mark on the floor
at each rib end and visually observe. Ever done this? It seems to me that
.003 figure would have to be greater for the crown to completely col.lapse
 Actually I see your point thought that even if the board/ribs were pressing
significantly into the rim like a buttress the wood creep in the rim over
time would still eventually be the crowns undoing. Still it seems like it
would have to spread at least .050.

        Ron wrote