selling the pitchraise:student's neurology andinappropriateaural reference

Carl Teplitski koko99@mb.sympatico.ca
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:50:08 -0500

May seem like a dumb question, but how do we know when a piano needs to be tuned
to A435. I've seen many pianos, and don't recall seeing any ( up to now ) that
stated somewhere that this piano tuned to A435. Are they generally marked on the
body. I also have never seen one say that this piano requires an A440 tuning. I've
always assumed that the standard was A440.
Were these older instruments, in question??  I should stop now, as I feel I'm
looking into the barrel of a gun.  Maybe my powers of observation aren't very
good, or my memory isn't. In any case, it would be nice to be enlightened.

Carl