selling the pitchraise:student's neurology and inappropriateaural reference

Reikiharp@AOL.COM Reikiharp@AOL.COM
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:03:57 EDT

         The only strings that ever break when tuning a piano to A 440 are
the bad ones that needed replacing anyway.  What's the big deal about broken
strings ?  Except everyone that I have the misfortune of following behind,
did a sloppy job of replacement ; wrong size wire, inappropriate pin height,
coils not together,coils overlapping,bad becket,wrong hitch pin,damaged
pinblock,etc.   Why do tuners STEAL broken bass strings?  Just leave it in
the piano so a technician has something to either repair or take measurements
from for duplication.
                                                    Opps, sorry I've ranted
way off subject.
    Joseph D Gotta RPT