Not Home

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 10:39:32 -0400

In a message dated Sat, 27 Apr 2002  7:19:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Bigeartb@AOL.COM writes:

>Michael:
>      I realize each of us need to make a decision concerning this matter. I
>too, entered clients homes without them present for a number of years. So did
>the "termite" man ...the same day I was there.  He dropped his reading
>glasses in my client bedroom while spraying. The client forgot that he came.
>She accused me of rambling around in her house and I'm sure she feared I had
>stolen something. And you can bet your sweet A_ _ if something had come up
>missing I would have been , in her mind, a strong suspect.  Of course she
>felt like a fool after I told her......remember the termite man...has he lost
>his glasses....Therefore she felt real stupid  and I have never entered
>another house unattended. She taught me a lot that day. It ain't got nothing
>to do with high or low crime rate. It has to do with human nature and folks
>jumping to conclusions. For that very reason we have created in our society a
>profession to handle such matters....lawyers. I just as soon not put myself
>in that situation. It ain't right nor wrong. We all must decide. All my
>clients appreciate the fact I do not wish to be in their house alone and will
>work with me on a good time for us both to be there. This works for me.
>
>Tommy Black
>Decatur, Ala.

The shame of it is that in todays world we can be right as rain and enter a house and do our job but if the owner imagines different the cost of the journey to right ourselves can be very, very expensive.
I am not a paranoid type but some precautions seem like good common sense to me.

David Koelzer
DFW