Plane travel

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:42:41 -0400

Hi there,

I have to fly with my tuning tools this week and I want to be sure to
be prepared.  There have been discussions about security on this list
and I have a good idea what to expect but I am interested in getting
any additional advice.

I will be checking my tool kit of course.  I guess I will remove any
knives or razor blades that may be lurking in there.  I also will be
carrying on my lap top computer.  I understand that they will ask me
to have it on when I go through security.

Any other advice that any recent travelers can add?  This is a very
important gig I am going to and loosing my kit would be death.  Would
it be possible to carry a spare tuning hammer in my carry on bag?
They would probably think it was some kind of weird weapon.

chris
--
Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.
School of Music, Ohio University