Soundboard Installation & MC

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:01:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Richard,

I haven't read all the posts of this thread, but
I have read a few.

Although I can't see any reason to think that the
centripetal tension resonator would have any
significant impact on crown maintenance, I don't
necessarily think of it as useless either.

In my primitive thinking, it ties together the
various sections of the rim structure even beyond
what the Mason & Hamlin's  massive inner and
outer rim and beam structure goes, making it an
even stronger (and more importantly at least in
my mind) more rigid sub-assembly.

By tying it all together, it would seem to me
that stresses on a small area of the under
structure would be transfered to other areas in a
"share the load" kind of thing...  might even be
an expanded version of the plate horn, where the
horn is tied into the belly rail to add support
to an already fairly strong plate structure.

That's my general thought on it, and indeed
opinion.

Best wishes,

Brian T.

=====