Not home...nice doggy

Gary Mc gmcc@charter.net
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:42:21 -0700

This reminds me of an incident that happened just a  couple of weeks ago.  I had a three o'clock appointment, and I arrived about ten minutes early.  I saw the front door was open through a glass storm door.  Standing at the door, I noticed the storm door had not completely closed and latched.  Naturally assuming the client was home, I rang the doorbell.  Bounding into the foyer was a very large dog baring the most vicious set of teeth I have ever seen that close up.  The dog continued barking, and it dawned on me, that if it had jumped on the door (as my dachunds would've done) it would be out and on top of me before I could get a few steps.  I eased slowly back to my car, and at three the client arrived.  She was just as puzzled as I, why the door was open.  She could only imagine her son left in a hurry and forgot to close it.  I told her she didn't need to worry with that dog in the house.  Naturally she said it wouldn't hurt anybody.
Gary Mc
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Renaud" <drjazzca@yahoo.ca>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 12:42 PM
Subject: Re: Not home...nice doggy

   Another home alone story for the books.

   Client leaves 15 min after my arrival, 5pm.
They write a check and off they go with
instructions to close the door behind me.

  Location is deep in the bush, a pair of houses
located on a hillside. The clients and one neighbors.

   Job compleat I open the door to leave.
Two pit-bull dogs await on the doorstep.
They dislike the stranger with the strange car
who's been banging strange piano noises
alone in this house on "THEIR" property.

   Hunched low to the ground prepared to attack,
the pair growl in a manner that is quite clear,
"Cross our path and you die"
say doggies unambiguously
The car is 50 feet away. They are not leaving.

   Now the problem is it is 6pm.

   At 6:30pm I have a concert hall tuning for an 8PM
show. Its a 20 min drive.

15 min later the neighbors arrived home from work and
claimed their dogs. For 15 min I never thought I was
going to make the hall.

It did cross my mind to look through the fridge for
some meat............nice doggies.

                       Dave Renaud
                       RPT
                       Canada