Soundboard Installation & MC

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 23:54:30 EDT

In a message dated 4/28/2002 3:12:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
grandrestorations@yahoo.com writes:

> .         Brian , Richard , Ron

     I almost hate to wade in and muddy a good discussion but I just want to
say Brian, that your statements are on the money. No body thinks the thing
retains crown. So I'll let M&H marketing worry about their own consciences.
Why this discussion hasn't arrived at the following statement sooner I don't
know.
   To my mind any time you stiffen anything structural in a piano rim you
reduce the chance of energy losses which does what? It changes the
imedance,which,  simply put is a good thing in my book when it comes to
sustain and power.
 As Del said earlier on "he has written about it several times before" Just
think the last time a paper clip, dead fly or slight buzz from whatever on
the soundboard has totally disrupted the energy flow of the piano even at
FFF. The piano energy system is very inefficient. I heard someone say once
that even a 9 ft.  concert grand played at FFF is only producing about 1/2
watt of power.
    I think the resonator has merit as an overall tonal impedance improvement
device.It probably won't ever allow the rim to expand or move that's also
good right? SOO That's it ,that's all there is.!!
   I for one think the M&H guys would consider this marketing justification
in and of itself. It just seems easier to explain it in a more dramatic and
sales hyping kind of way to say it holds the crown.
   Look It's like the government trying to Justify the income tax scheme.
The've been lying about it so long they now believe it themselves contrary to
recent improvements in information  and constitutional law. They simply can't
change there minds now, otherwise it makes there predecessors look bad.
  Also the thing is probably not that expensive to make or install. They make
the rim in two pieces so drill a few extra holes and bolt it in place, what's
the problem.  Probably  $500  bucks.
  Just two more cents worth>>>>Dale Erwin>>>>>>>>