This week's encounters with Well Temperament

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:39:33 -0700

    Nice job, Jon. I'm printing it out so I can show the "Steinway" tech =
at work, who doesn't think we should ever deviate from ET, why I thought =
it might be nice to have a good piano tuned in a mild Well Temperament =
on the floor.=20

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jon Page=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 6:46 PM
  Subject: This week's encounters with Well Temperament

  This week I tuned a B for a customer who prefers her piano slightly =
out of=20
  tune.
  I tuned the Moore Well temperament, she flipped and wants to try =
something=20
  stronger
  next time. She was never satisfied with ET saying that it was too =
'white'.=20
  The piano
  now has the warm glow she has been yearning for.   Then she asked why =
I=20
  have been
  holding out on her for all these =