Suggestions for a Victorian Temperment

Greg Casper gcasper@pacbell.net
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 02:49:12 -0700

I am soliciting suggestions for an appropriate temperment to use on a 1896
Victorian Upright, 47" G. Challenger & Co. piano. I am restringing the bass
strings at the customer's request, and will be repairing a few broken
trebles, and the hammers are being reconditioned, but I'm really interested
in giving this customer a tuning that will work on this old piano. I'm going
to be tuning it at A=435 if that has any influence on your advice. This is a
beautiful little piano, with a genuine "honky-tonk" sound and I'd like to
make this customer very happy. He's a very casual player and not an artist
by any means, so maybe a WT or something similar will sound a bit sweeter to
him.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Greg Casper
San Jose, CA