Suggestions for a Victorian Temperment

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 06:05:23 EDT

Greg asks:
>I am soliciting suggestions for an appropriate temperment to use on a 1896
> Victorian Upright, 47" G. Challenger & Co. piano.
>I'd like to make this customer very happy. He's a very casual player and not
an artist
> by any means, so maybe a WT or something similar will sound a bit sweeter
>to him.

Greetings,
   Even if he is not an "artist", a mild WT is going to sound "sweeter".
Since you are regarding it as a Victorian upright, I would suggest using a
"Victorian" tuning.  Something like the Moore & Co. or the Broadwood's tuning
listed by Jorgensen.  (I think they are also both in the archives here on the
list).  Otherwise, go to  www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/well_tempered_piano.html
    In the middle of this page there is a button that will take you to a
series of charts, with the offsets available.

Good luck,
Ed Foote