Musical Soundwaves: good pluck!

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 16:05:01 +0930

Re: Musical Soundwaves: good pluck!Hi Anthony,

I was not commenting on the magical qualities of the harp but pointing =
out that a harp possibly has casters on it and is a member of the =
stringed instrument family.

Regards

Tony Caught
Darwin
Australia
caute@optusnet.com.au

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Anthony Wrght=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, August 03, 2002 12:19 PM
  Subject: Re: Musical Soundwaves: good pluck!=20

  Hi List

  It's my understanding that Christophory's magical discovery, from =
watching the wrist action of an accomplished hammer dulcimer player, was =
'escapement' or the 'throwing' of the hammer at the string through use =
of the jack and letoff button. Without escapement there is no throw. As =
a harper myself, and being accused, as having identified myself as a =
piano technician, by fellow harpers as working on 'harps in a coffin' as =
harpers regard a piano, a harp is a plucky affair; dynamics of a =
harpsichord aren't even close to that which escapes through letoff.=20

  A. Wright