Resources?

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 11:16:04 -0700

All,
Is it my imagination or are we becoming lazy? Or, is it something else?
I've noticed, several times, of late, where a tech will request information
on a particular subject, when they have an excellant source, in their area.
It seems to me that, to get all the necessary information, a telephone
conversation or a face to face is better. Granted, this list has many who
can give us all a better "slant" on things. And the list certainly avails us
of a tremendous resource. For those who are somewhat, (or really), isolated
from the rest of the industry and are struggling to cope with all the stuff
out there in the piano world, This is a great thing for them.
However, over the years, I have gotten many calls from techs, from all over
the country. I thoroughly enjoy this type of "human interaction". It just
seems to me, that we, because of the list, are not interacting with our
fellow techs/human beings, as much as we used to. To me, that is a sad
thing, as interacting with others is, to me, the essence of life itself.
Just musing, on a sunday. <G>
I hope no one will take this as any kind of confrontation or?, but if you
have comments, please feel free.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

I'm never lost, because everyone is telling me where to go. <G>