Fireworks

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 23:01:00 -0700

>P.S. By the way, I tried to clue him in, and he is convinced I am lying and
>just out to steal his customers. I tried to explain tuning to beats, he
>informed me later that he had checked out the electronic pianos in his store
>that he knew for sure were in tune and could not hear the beats I was
>talking about! Ya cain't fix dumb.

Have you ever tried one of the big digital keyboards, to see what sort of
temperament is on it? I did once, and found that it wasn't equal (and this
wasn't the special built-in-on-purpose HT.) I theorized that they thought
a little roughness might make it sound a little more like a "real" piano.
Reminded me of hearing a story about how an army cook who had to serve up
*yuk* scrambled eggs from powdered eggs every morning would put a few
pieces of real eggshell in it now and then.

Susan