Puzzler TWO

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 08:19:03 -0500

At 14:49 8/9/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>David Andersen wrote:
> >
> > >Problem 2 : Nasty squeek when using either the middle or
> > >right pedal, only once in a while when using the left pedal.

> > I ran into this on a Grotrian;  it was the entire lyre moving slightly
> and the polyester squeaking.
> > Shimmed the lyre supports-----squeaks gone.
>
>That was exactly the symptom here. I had to remove the lyre and put some
>felt in the bottom of both holes for the rod, on the lyre and on the
>underside of the keybed, to get the thing tight enough to hold.
>
> > David Andersen

I just had a similar squeak on a '20s vintage NY D and all I had to do was
hammer on the cam to tighten the lyre plates.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(563)-387-1204  //  Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)