To Voice or Not to Voice? [was Re: Baldwin hammers]

Ray T. Bentley ray@bentley.net
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 17:44:40 -0500

Dale, and others,

The client was specific in requesting that further voicing not be done.  It
had a warm and full sound throughout.  Yes, the client is still ecstatic
with the results now two years later.  As a matter of fact, recently she
told me that is wonnnnnnnnnnnderful!

The original post asked for a suggestion for hammers that might require
minimal voicing.  While I have had many other hammer replacements that
required various amounts of voicing, this is the suggestion I offered.  This
is not to be construed as my standard practice.

Respectfully,

Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Registered Piano Tuner-Technician
Alton, IL