M@H 'A' board

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:38:20 EDT

Marcel & Del,

   Del,  there was a Mason "A"  that had three
extra one half size ribs in the high treble.  The
last one that I replaced the board in I took out
the small ribs and replaced them with standard
size and number of ribs. It did not seem to make
any difference.  It was a player and I think that it
was  an  'A- 4'.

    I have an A-3  #21158 in my shop now.  It has
the standard number and size ribs.

     Marcel,  If you don't have much experience in
replacing  soundboards it may serve you well to
practice on a less valuable piano.  Also let us know
witch "A"  this one is.  You can find this number in
the left back of the plate.

Regards to All,
Jack Wyatt