Suggestions to newbies

Clair Dunn cadunn@vt2000.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 07:56:28 -0500 (CDT)

Stephen, Clyde--
Clyde--I concur with record keeping--you can never have too much of
it. I wrote a program for keeping track of clients and their pianos
and thought of marketing it for a small sum, but decided not too as
I got the impression that folks wanted such a program to contain a
scheduling program. I didn't want to get that involved so what I did
only keeps records. I still prefer the date book for appointment
scheduling. So I only use it for myself.
BUT--I also rebuild and recondition many pianos and that was a
different kettle of fish. I am currently working on a database
program that keeps track of each piano from a list and records work
done, wages, materials cost and sources, and keeps a running total
for estimates. It also prints out a form to give to the customer
when the piano is delivered. It also keeps images, notes, etc. If
there is any interest out there, I would like to know. I wrote it
for my own use because I was going nuts with paper records.
A screen shot of the main form can be seen at

http://www.vt2000.com/cps/prdb1.jpg

At 28K it takes about 50 secs to load.

Cheers,
Clair (and keep those records! you will never regret it.)

--
Clair's Piano Service
http://www.vt2000.com/cps