Stretch Vs.Temperament, (was Beat Rates)

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:20:34 -0700

>  Do you give all your intervals equal weight?
If I understand you correctly, yes.
 >Do your thirds, tenths,
>17ths, etc. increase in speed as you go up.
Yes.  And decrease as they go down.
> I'm really sorry, and I'm NOT
>questioning your methods, but, if your thirds speed up, shouldn't your
>fourths?
Ya got me.  They don't seem to.  I'm not being flip, but this is the
best, most precise method for tuning a piano that sounds musical and
singing that I've ever used, and I've tuned over 20,000 pianos using a
lot of different checking methods......

Hey.  The pianos told me to do it.  I know nussing. Nussing, I tell