Stretch Vs.Temperament, (was Beat Rates)

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:30:45 +0200

Ok, then we have perhaps a little problem here....perhaps
just one of communication... but if you maintain a steady
beat rate of fourths over the entire range of the piano then
other then some odd things are going to go on with the beat
rates of some of the other intervals. Fourths are subject to
the same kind of contiguous rule that thirds are if I am not
mistaken.

So perhaps you dont mean the "same beat rate" when you say
"slow lazy roll" ?? Is this roll lazy roll relative to beat
rates of other intervals for different ranges of the piano
??

RicB