Cleaning keys again

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:37:19 -0700

I'm sure that you are careful, but I try to avoid moisture around =
ivories at all.  I think the effects of loosening the glue joint are =
cumulative.  Best way to clean them (another topic) is just to rub them =
out.  Takes a bit of elbow grease, but over time it's a safer way to go.

David Love=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: August 13, 2002 12:01 PM
  Subject: Re: Cleaning keys again

  David: It's a wipe it on wipe it off type of operation, we have never =
had a problem with ant of the glue joints.
  Roger

  At 10:43 AM 8/13/02 -0700, you wrote:

    Roger:  I think that's okay on keys with plastic tops but I wouldn't =
use it with ivory.  I just prefer to keep all moisture away from water =
soluble glue joints.
    =20
    David Love=20
      ----- Original Message -----=20