CA+kicker on bridge pins

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 21:37:15 EDT

In a message dated 8/8/02 9:05:30 AM, Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:

<< Squirt a couple of drops of CA glue in the
hole, spray some kicker on the pin, and drive the pin in the hole. >>

I have never used kicker on bridge repairs with CA.  I say this not to
disagree, but to question my not using it in the past.  Since the kicker only
accelerates the drying of the glue, what's the hurry?  Why not just let the
glue dry on its own?  I ask these quesitons out of naivete having used CA
only on about a dozen bridges at this point. Still, just letting the glue
dribble into the hole and letting it dry by itself seems to do the trick.
(Pins are tight afterwards.)

Do you also use kicker when applying CA to a pin block?  (I haven't used it
in that application either, also with seemingly good results.  Which doesn't
mean I wouldn't be happy to get better results with the kicker!)

Just asking,

Tom Sivak