Flag poling Petrof pins?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:37:48 -0500

>Hi Ron,
>               I would not be surprised if there was a poor pin block to
> flange fit.  Particularly if it's a newer instrument.
>
>Regards Roger

Possibly, or the acres of felt and bearing angles Del mentioned. That's why
I asked for details on what's unstable about the tuning. "Tuning
instability" is too often used as a generic canopy covering every possible
cause for a piano, or even an individual string not being "in tune" the
next time you checked it. Any hope of diagnosis depends on an accurate
statement and assessment of the problem, and "tuning instability" isn't
real informative. So how about it Rob, what's it doing? One more time, with
specificity.

Ron N