Flag poling Petrof pins?

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 22:39:12 -0700

Ahh yes, the ol' plate screw tightening trick.  Duh!  I've been in this =
business for numerous years as a tuner and a rebuilder and I didn't even =
think of that!  We'll check that one right away.  If that is the problem =
I'm going to feel pretty silly.

The piano is tuned twice a week by Alan Meyer.  Alan has been tuning =
pianos on the strip for over 20 years.  We work closely together on a =
variety of projects.

Rob Goodale RPT
LasVegas, NV

  I had a Yam C7 that would be wildly out of tune every few months.  =
Yamaha recommended letting down the tension and tightening the =
plate/pinblock screws.  I did this and the screws turned about an 1/8th =
of turn.  The piano has been solid since...15 years or so.  Consider at =
least snugging the plate screws and plate/pinblock screws even if you =
don't let down the tension.  Check the bridge/string seating. =20
  Who's tuning this?  You or the apprentice?

  David I.