Pitch Raises ... Multiple Passes?

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:34:58 -0500

Your numbers are quite different from Sanderson's, yet you say it works =
and I do not doubt what you say. So what is going on here? Why would =
both work? What factors here are critical and which are not critical?

New question, since you have the SATIII with the built in program for =
the raise, why not just use that? What do you get when you do, compared =
to hand calculations like yours or the good doctor's?

Alan
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe And Penny Goss=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 9:46 PM
  Subject: Re: Pitch Raises ... Multiple Passes?

  Kevin,
  If the bass is about 30 cents flat I want to raise the note about =
three cents sharp ( about 10% ) of pitch. So with a SATlll that raises =
the pitch 25%  that would result in too much over pull for me so I will =
set the over pull for 12 cents and roll the program into the machine.
  I take only one measurement at A2 to arrive at my over pull. Works =
very well for me.
  I use the 25% in the tenor and about C4 the 30% to the top then =
retune.
  On pianos 25% or less flat or sharp I use the Verituner 100 and its =
10% bass, 30% tenor,
  and 36% treble and retune.
  Joe Goss
  imatunr@srvinet.com