Pitch Raises ... Multiple Passes?

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:13:48 -0600

Hi Terry, Thanks that works great!!!!
Tell me more about the auto step process.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: Pitch Raises ... Multiple Passes?

> Not I Joe, because you Joe. I meant Hi Joe! When in Coarse Tuning mode,
look at menu on bottom. Press Config. Zoom will be highlighted. Press Change
to cycle through Medium (default), Wide view and Narrow view. Press Done to
see what each look like. Basically, for pitch raises less than 25 cents, use
Narrow, between 50 and 25 cents, use Medium, and for 100 to 50 cents, use
Wide.

> In that same Config mode press the down arrow below your red arrow to
highlight Overpull, Bass, Plainwire, and Treble. There you can press the
Next button or whatever to display only the Bass, Plainwire or Treble
setting, or all three. I just leave all three on the screen. You can arrow
down to the Bass or Plainwire or Treble thingee and set you desired overpull
for each of these by one-cent increments. Pretty cool and easy once you have
done it.

> Also look up in your manual about the autostepping. There are about 480
modes to use that will help in various ways. I often use one for big pitch
raises (let's say 150 cents). It will allow the machine to autostep up to
the next note, but then locks it there so it doesn't jump all around.