May the 4ths be with you

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:40:45 -0500

> If you want a real treat, get Ed for his two period class on
HT's.  One of
> the best classes I've seen.
> One thing for sure, that all agreed upon, HT's have a lot of
beautiful key
> colour changes.
>
> Now that will cost you 2 beers.
>
> Regards Roger.

Yeah, but you owe me a voicing needle.... ; )

Yes I attended Ed's class in Reno.  And had the privilege of
sitting beside one of the best of tuners.  I would like to see his
comments posted but he is more circumspect than I.  I guess that
comes from maturity.
      I tried as hard as I could but couldn't hear the "color" or
if I did it sounded like a tuning issue.  ET brainwashed? What
difference? Its kind of like looking for a satellite on a starry
night.  Pretty soon they are all moving.   I am not saying because
I can't hear it nobody else can either.   It might be something
like "tone deaf".   I am not "tone deaf" but I might be "color
deaf".   If so perhaps you or other color enthusiasts can help me
out.
Listen to 4 different recordings and tell me which has color and
which doesn't.   We can go one further... listen to 4 recordings
of the same piece.
Or you supply 4 and I supply 4.   We listen to them blindfolded.
You tell me which have color.   Or we throw 8 into a pile and
blindfolded pick out 4.  Then listen and then tell which is ET and
which has "color".   If you can do this two out of 3 times I will
buy the house two rounds.
    I wonder if someone can offer mp3 samples (legally of course)
as tests?   ---ric