Foundry Castings

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:55:29 -0400

Sure it has a lot to do with why it is in pianos.  If it were hard to
machine and if it was expensive it would not be in pianos.  The other
reason is that it has proven it's merit for our purposes and those who
chose a different material have ended up regretting it.  I am sure there
were lots and lots of plate failures before they got the specs right.

Lots of luck.

		Newton