Perfect 12ths tuning

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:12:37 +0200

Hi folks

Here is a small revision in the Generic P12ths tuning I have
sent out for Tunelab. The only real difference is that I
have mangaged the bass quite a bit better, by using the 6:2
and 9:3 types for 12ths. You may find the bass on this is
too low for some pianos, or perhaps not low enough on some
large grands

If so just tune down to G1 with the file, and adjust the G1
by ear to your taste, paying particular attention to how it
sounds with D3 and G1. When you have G1 where you want it,
find the frequency of its 3rd partial by zeroing the phase
and then insert this value into the numerical editor. Follow
that off by recalculating the bass using G1, G2, and D3
values in the numerical editor.

Notes under G1 can be tuned directly from the 12ths above.
This will give you a  9:3 type 12th so watch out... that
gets pretty low.. keep your ears open and adjust upwards as
is appropriate for the instrument.

Thanks for the many responses on this to my broadpark
address.

Cheers !

RicB

PS, I will be sending a set of directions for how to set up
such a tuning using the pianos own inharmonicity later
tonite or tommorrow. It takes me about 5-6 extra minutes of
time now to manually configure the tuning file in Tunelab to
do this.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.