prepaired concert piano

ROBOTUNER@AOL.COM ROBOTUNER@AOL.COM
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 21:40:29 EDT

      I agree with others on the list.It is best to use an older piano.
Watch out for tape residue as well as fingers on the strings.I have had
people put  tape on dampers so they know what strings to pluck.Some types of
tape leave a gooey mess.Suggest they cut up "post it" notes,or maybe bits of
masking tape.I had one weirdo actually put bits of white hospital tape
wrapped around the bass and treble strings.This same person also marked the
bass strings with purple chalk.What a mess.After that we no longer rent our
concert pianos for new "music"performances.          Robin Olson   RPT
Jordan Kitts Music    Wash DC