lacquer solutions and airline travel

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:10:04 -0400

This time, I'll be serious. If you really want to get it through
airport baggage searches, find yourself a solid color (not
transparent or translucent) shampoo bottle. Empty, soak and clean its
insides thoroughly. Then fill with however much you need, put a layer
of aluminum foil (or teflon plumbers tape) in the cap so that once
tightened there will be absolutely no leakage of hint of the a scent
of the contents. You can even apply a little real shampoo around the
bottom of the cap, to provide the illusion of shampoo. Pack the
container as you normally would, with your toothpaste and shaving kit.

35 years ago, in my youth, I returned from a year in France, with
medium size souvenir of Morocco, hidden inside a tube of toothpaste
and an unopened pack of Gauloise. (...just had to get that off my
chest.)

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"So come on down, for the best in fidelity"
     ...........AM radio spot for the local Radio Shack store.
(Thank you, I'll take a space between the last two words.)