Tuning Pin Length?/Gordon Stelter

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:29:39 -0700 (PDT)

True. Many computer Brainiacs of today would have been
piano builers then, as the piano was the "high-tech"
mass consumer item of its day. The decline in quality
after the Victorian era was, I suspect, due to the
incursion of cheap player pianos which tended to sound
great anyway due to a mere preponderance of
simultaneously played notes. And with fewer critical
hand players being nurtured, quality declined further.