Foundry Castings

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:21:13 -0500

> > It was my impression that is what some of us are trying to do.
>
>Sure... but you are the piano builder, not the guy who buys pianos from
>the local
>7-11 because he doesn't know any better. Until that guy and all like him start
>looking closer at what they are buying, guys like you are going to remain
>few and
>far between. And the knowledge base will

You mean they were Master Consumers? Why and how would the consumer in this
magical past be any better informed and advised than consumers of today,
who are not only Master Consumers, but Visa and American Express as well?
Today's consumer can access the Internet and get often hundreds of
differing opinions to sort and sift, weight and score, to arrive at the
TRUTH by statistical averaging. I recall you offering an opinion along
those lines, and by those processes more than once. How did the gas light
and Passenger Pigeon era consumer arrive at these great insights without
the means to do so?

>That's what the old world masters did Ron, they invented, learned
>researched,...
>became masters. Its the new guys who throw all the mythology and mystique
>into the
>game.

They did that because they had no choice. Some of them might have become
masters by the process, more often not - just like the rest of us. But
nearly none of them shared what they had learned along the way. They
carefully maintained that mythology and mystique, even if they did know
better, as a marketing tool and to protect their secrets from competitors,
exactly as is still being done today -  something which is much and often
lamented and the reason the mythology and mystique still exists. Why it is
still so fiercely defended among those who have nothing to gain by it and
are in a position to learn better, I have no idea.

>Its just a question of whether the market will support the endeavour or not.

I sure hope so, or it's gone.

Ron N