10mm = 1 3/4 inch blow

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:53:11 -0800

Doesn't work that way because the amount of change in the action ratio per
distance move of the capstan will vary with the overall length of the key.

David Love

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Moody" <remoody@midstatesd.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: December 10, 2002 5:52 PM
Subject: 10mm = 1 3/4 inch blow

I referred to
> in that note [Baldwin SD-10] actually had a pretty good action
ratio. A 10 mm
> dip would produce a blow of only 1-3/4". >
> We do service a 40's Baldwin L  that regulates to 9.5 mm x
1-7/8".
> Bob

If you wanted a 1-7/8 blow from the 10 mm dip, how far would have
to move the capstan and which way I assume towards the back check.
What I am getting at is there a chart what will show for every mm
the capstan is moved the hammer will go up x mm ?  Does anyone
have a formula I can plug into my spread sheet?    ---rm