Newer Chickering/Self Player

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 09:49:32 -0600

Hi Tom,

The one time I had an instrument twisting the strings was not a long term
fix. I'd recommend a full replacement set asap. These Chickerings with the
accu adjust hitch pins were a Balwin Product. Perhaps you can get strings
directly from the manufacturer.

At 10:09 AM 12/14/02 EST, you wrote:
>List;
>     Not sure if I presented this last problem I encounter a few days
>ago.....If so, no response--yet.
>      7 years old...They said a glass of wine had spilled into the bass
>section...Problem---all, yes all the bass strings 'buzz'. Even the ones
>without wine contamination....
>     I loosened and removed the worst buzzing string from the hitch
>pin....identical to the Baldwin Acu touch----Acu whatever---you know what
>they look like, adjustable------the string had no twist as it was placed on
>the hitch pin. I twisted it one full turn, replaced it , tuned it and it
>was clear as a bell.
>      on the strings? Should I just replace the entire set of bass strings?
>
> Thanks for your help
> Tommy Black
> Decatur, Ala.

Regards,
Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.M.T., R.P.T. Tuner for the Center of
the Arts

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.