Epoxy Repair to bridge top

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:12:43 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@cox.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: December 16, 2002 5:21 AM
Subject: Re: Epoxy Repair to bridge top

> Ok guys, how do we know what condition the bridge root is really in until
> the excess epoxy disappearing into the voids without coming up elsewhere
> (or gushing up elsewhere) tells us? And if you observe something
disturbing
> during the epoxying of the bridge pins in that fine piano, I suppose you
> immediately stop and begin removing the bridge for replacement? Or will
you
> get as much epoxy in there as you can to try to improve it's integrity and
> press on?

Personally? I do the latter -- it's all the integrity I can come up with
when I see all that epoxy disappearing into what can sometimes seem like a
bottomless pit. Besides, I've always found it interesting while driving a
pin down in one area to observe another pin an octave or so away start to
pop up. But then I'm easily entertained.

Del