Bridgetop Extravaganza Revisited

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:04:02 EST

In a message dated 12/18/2002 4:03:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sbellieu@mindspring.com writes:

> Subj: Re: Bridgetop Extravaganza Revisited
>  Date: 12/18/2002 4:03:28 PM Pacific Standard Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:sbellieu@mindspring.com">sbellieu@mindspring.com</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>
>      Steve

        Could you share how it is you're measuring 1.5 degrees of bearing on
the bass and with what. If the rear string length was 8 inches( possible on a
D) 8 Times .026=.208 or (1.5 degrees) of distance bearing . Considering this
bass bridge has no cantilever  I don't mind seeing this at the top end of the
bridge but I'd like to see .05 degrres in the mono section. That being said
I've seen D basses set up with more than that that sounded great and ones
with nominal bearing or none that sounded somewhat  weak. Where's the beef?
  What's really there has or will come to light with the strings off no
doubt.
       Dale Erwin