Aural versus ETD tuning training

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:10:49 +0100

Jim probably has never read the book "Player Piano" :) The ETD is in no
small way his puppy. He's had his fingers in their development for an
awfully long time, so sure he's proud of his successes.

Besides David, like it or not the fact is that many tuners aural tuners
got as far as passing some exam and then seemingly put the steam breaks
on their learning curves. Not to mention the fact that it is was
actaully much more difficult to improve significantly on your own some
years ago. Not to worry tho... there are plenty of ETD users who end up
in a similiar boat... sitting rather dead in the water as it were.

In the end, the person what gets really really adept with a wide variety
of the relevant "tools of the trade" is going to do just fine... hey,
thats what a proffessional is .. yes ?? If you feel that ETD's are a
threat or something... then its time to rise to the challenge if you get
my meaning. You may find youself using one as well, at least for
somethings.

Cheers

RicB

--