Aural versus ETD tuning training

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 01:10:46 -0700

>Unfortunately, concert venues and dealerships are not always motivated by
>the most skilled technicians, sometimes price is the overriding factor.
STUPID VENUES AND DEALERSHIPS ARE MOTIVATED BY PRICE.
Smart ones will use the best available talent that doesn't drive them
nuts.

> I don't know the situation here, of course, but there's probably more to
>replacing a technician with a 20 year relationship than beautiful unisons.
>
>David Love

Well said. It jarred me that J. Coleman would be proud of a months-old
tech supplanting a 20-year relationship.  What else is happening here?
How good could the guy be? How average was the aural tuner? Did he take
the gig for granted?
It's got me thinking.

DAVID A.