Knabe Grand

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 00:32:51 +0100

Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

> > 1902 Knabe 6' 4" grand for full rebuild - soundboard, etc. It was delivered to my shop today. This is a very impressive
> > piano. Open pinblock (glued to stretcher).
>
> Terry
>
> Not only is the pin block glued to the stretcher, but I believe it is mortised into the side of the piano as well. This might be a little more of a pin block replacement job than what you bargained for.
>
> Wim

Mortised pinblocks are not THAT much more work Wim. Heck even I have
gotten that far into rebuilding on a few occasions. Hardest part to me
was making the case repair at the end of the job look seamless if you
ask me. But then cabinent work is hardly my specialty. Ok... it takes a
bit more time... what... an extra hour or so to get the darn thing out,
and say just as much to refit... and then whatever time it takes to do
the finish work.... or what ?

Cheers
RicB

--