Epoxy Bridge repairs

Carl Meyer cmpiano@attbi.com
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 18:07:48 -0800

Thanks, Joe, for that info on epoxy.  It's hard to get valid info about some
of these products.  I plead guilty to suggesting clamping.  So, would it be
okay to clamp only enough to get the pieces to their original position? Or,
would you think you could use another glue and clamp it tight?  Like tite
bond?
Of course a warped piece is risky in any situation.

Regarding CA,  I recall when the stuff first came out.  I think it was in
the sixties.  It was called "Eastman 910"  The purpose of it was to attach
accelerometers to metal to test for vibration.  I vaguely remember  someone
saying at that time "It's only temporary and will let loose in 6-9 months."
I'd thought that maybe the newer formulations had eliminated that.
It's very difficult to attach accelerometers and not have the signal be
compromised by the attachment material.

I recall you mentioning the Lord Corp E552 epoxy.  I wasn't able to find
them on the net or a supplier.  Have any suggestions as to source and specs?

Thanks

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@attbi.com