Stein grand unique board was: Piano Rims.

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 21:59:26 EST

           Phil

          The ribs on the Stein were not thinned down but just a little. It
was a pretty bulky looking set of ribs and  vast majority of the soundboards
edge was a free float but not in the same way that has been described
recently on the list. It just wasn't touching anything but the belly rail and
a few inches of the rim near the top rib as I recall.
          Somehow I do seem to observe many unique pianos. It's interesting
what you can see when you're looking for unusual designs and paying attention.
           Dale Erwin