WN&G Action

Maxpiano@AOL.COM Maxpiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 08:09:26 EST

In a message dated 1/4/02 12:18:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Thanks for the info Bill. You mention Blasius. As in Blasius & Sons? I have
> a Blasius & Sons upright that I will be rebuilding. Do you know anything
> about this company? Like what quality level their pianos were?

Terry,

I tuned a Blasius & Sons grand once that sounded good and looked much like a
Steinway.  Maybe Steinway put them out of business for that.

I have found their uprights, both Blasius and Regent lines, to be bright
sounding pianos, but tended to be troubled with poor pin blocks and splitting
bridges--but they put better materials into the back if they were spending
the extra money for WN&G actions!

Bill Maxim
Maxim Piano Service
212 Newpark Place