Piano Rims (rambling post)

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 15:55:57 0000

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 22:08:25
 Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

> [...]
Thanks, Del.  I think that what was confusing me is that we're talking about
two situations.  One is the situation where you want (controlled) energy
transfer and the other situation is where you are trying to avoid energy
transfer.  In the case of the soundboard, where you want energy transfer
from the string to take place, you don't want stiffness in the bass or mass
in the treble (correct?).  But in the case of the of the termination at the other
end of the string or the case of the attachment of the soundboard to the rim
you don't want energy transfer to take place so you do want stiffness in the
bass and mass in the treble.  Sound right now?

Phil F

--
Click here for your very own create-a-date adventure from MatchMaker
Go to http://ecard.matchmaker.com/dating.html