A request from Chile

Fernando Rosas frosas@deloitte.cl
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:06:24 -0300

Bill and Don:

Thanks for answering so soon. I would consider of course other alternatives
to the Stanwood Touch Design system. But it depends on its availability
(here), cost and performance. I have studied the principles of Stanwood's
system and I find that it's consistent and well based. If I found someone
that could install here the magnetic action it can be of course an
alternative. How does it work? Is there anything on the Internet like
Stanwood's site?

Regards,

Fernando

-----Mensaje original-----
De: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]En nombre de
Bdshull@AOL.COM
Enviado el: Jueves, 03 de Enero de 2002 17:36
Para: pianotech@ptg.org
Asunto: Re: A request from Chile

Fernando and Don:

Actually Stanwood Precision TouchDesign permits a range of touchweight
adjustability also, which is why Pianotek is carrying the wippens with the
screw-adjustable support spring (David will retrofit non-Steinway and
non-M&H
actions).  This wippen is integrated into Stanwood design specifications and
the results are quite extraordinary.  Neither system is magical, however:
both are bound by balance weight principles.  Next to magic, the Stanwood
system integrates principles of touchweight metrology and includes an
optimum
hammer strikeweight and an optimum patented pattern key leading in the
design, going beyond touchweight manipulation.

Bill Shull, RPT
Stanwood Precision Touch Design Installer
590 E Industrial Rd 10
San Bernardino, CA  92354
(909) 796-4226

In a message dated 1/3/02 11:11:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,