Veneer

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 20:46:59 -0500

Regarding the key leveling. Tell them it will require all new key pins, =
all new felt on the three rails, and new key bushings. Then you can =
level those new keytops. Keep in mind though that if the action is =
gummed up, the keys may still not reliably return to their proper =
position. Maybe you have the best idea - a stick under the keys!

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: HazenBannister@cs.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 6:25 PM
  Subject: Veneer

  Hi list,=20
   This question might have been asked before,I need info on where to =
purchase veneer.Not only high quality veneer,but also B grade veneer for =
the klunkers that=20
  need some help.Like the one I'm working on, having to do major =
glueing,veneering,=20
  work to refinish.The action needs nothing short of major rebuild.The =
piano needs=20
  pinblock,restringing,front rail pins,balance rail pins,all felt & =
cloth.(EVERYTHING).I=20
  told the customer it was not worth it,but it has sentimental value.So =
he is gonna=20
  get it refinished,with new keytops,so it will look nice in his =
home.Maybe one day later,get action,and piano work done,as no one plays =
anyway.I can't level the keys,because of the pins.Should I maybe, block =
the keys up to level them,just for looks? It sounds crazy,but they were =
not taking no for an answer.=20

  Thanks,=20
  Hazen Bannister=20