Veneer (OT)

Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Sat, 05 Jan 2002 08:29:39 -0800

At 10:54 PM 1/4/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Guy,
>
>Is that really the name of your city?  Sounds like a joke.  No offence
>intended.
>
>Mike Bratcher

Mike,

No, it's not. Really. Truckers call Las Cruces "Stinky town", 'cause I-10
passes some dairies on the east, and the sewer plant on the west. It's
actually the prettiest place on the planet... but we enjoy keeping people
from settling here. The growth rate is... scary.

Last years' rainfall was 4.3 inches. Yup. Four POINT three. Tied for the
fifth driest year.

Firesign Theater used "Ft. Stinkin Desert" in a skit.

Sorry for the confusion.

Guy
Las Cruces, Alamogordo, Ruidoso, Alto, High Rolls, Cloudcroft, (sm)El Paso,
Truth or Consequences, Hatch, Radium Springs (Really!), White Sands Missile
Range, Ft. Bliss, Holoman Air Force Base, Anthony, Berino, Mesquite, Old
Mesilla, Doņa Ana, Oro Grande, and more.