Epoxy

Sat, 5 Jan 2002 23:01:40 -0500

Carl -

Probably won't get it down to the viscosity of water, but liquid wood
(Abatron) has a solvent that can be added to further reduce the viscosity
of the epoxy.

You can make it Very runny....

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com

On Sat, 5 Jan 2002 16:44:39 -0800 "Carl Meyer" <cmpiano@attbi.com>
writes:
Everytime I hear someone say I have an epoxy that is really thin, I  want
to shout out "HOW THIN IS IT?"

I found a great site at   http://xtronics.com/reference/viscosity.htm

Water at 20 degrees C has a viscosity of 1.002cP (centi-poise)
Olive oil   is 82
Light machine oil is 102
Caster oil is 986
Honey is 10000
Ketchup is 50000
Peanut butter is 250000      Etc

Epotec 301 is 100
West systems thinnest is 725
Liquid wood is 500

Epotec301 is expensive since it is optical grade.  I'm waiting for a spec
sheet for clear coat, but I think it is similar to liquid wood.

There may be other qualities of epoxy that will enhance penetration, but
I would think viscosity would be the primary one.
Warming the pinblock, bridge or other items helps a great deal.  A lot of
spec sheets don't list viscosity, hardness and other parameters and there
is no easy way to compare.

Still learning all I can about epoxy!!

Regards

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG