OT..but pertinent :-)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 10:48:37 EST

The Trouble Tree

I hired a Piano tuner to help me restore an old player, and after he had just
finished a rough first day on the job, a flat tire made him lose an hour of
work , his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to
start.
As I drove him home, he sat in stony silence.

On arriving he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the
front door,
he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with
both hands.
Upon opening the door he had undergone an amazing transformation. His tanned
face
was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife
a kiss.

Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got
the better of me.
I asked him about what I had seen him do at the little tree.

"Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied. "I know I can't help having
troubles on the job,
but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my
wife and the children.
So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God
to take care of them.
Then in the morning I pick them up again." Funny thing is," he smiled, "when
I come out in the
morning to pick them up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up
the night before."
Jim Bryant (FL)