No subject

Mon, 7 Jan 2002 20:58:37 -0800

I'm replacing a set of capstans on a 1930's Steinway.  The shank =
diameter of the original is slightly larger than the German capstans =
I've been using.  The current location is correct so I don't need to =
plug and redrill.  I could order a set from Steinway at $100. but I just =
can't bring myself to do it when I have a stock of German ones at $29.00 =
a set.  I'd like to size the hole a bit, won't take much, but I want to =
be sure that I have a good fit without any seizing.  Any suggestions as =
to the best substance or material to use for sizing? =20

David Love

 =20